2016 T2 HBRC - Yellow/Blue Reading Group (Jason)
Students will read with their LA 3 times a week to develop strategies for decoding and comprehension.
See tasks for what skills are learnt at Yellow.
This group has now moved to the Blue level mid way during the term.
To Do List:
- Re-read to correct my errors and search for information.
- Check it sounds right, looks right and makes sense.
- Read my story again fast and fluent, using . , “ ” ! ?
- Think about the characters, settings and problems, so I read for meaning.
- Use “ ” and bold print to add expression.
- What strategies have I used?
- Which strategy could I try to use next time?
- Recognise the ‘chunks’ in words like: th ch sh -s -ing -ed -er
- Recognise compound words