2022 Term 4.1 Earth Group Literacy
This term we will continue working with our Structured Literacy programme practising phonological awareness and developing our skills in reading, spelling, punctuation, handwriting and writing.
We will do 3 half hour lessons per week using a variety of formal Structured Literacy resources and materials to meet our group's individual needs.
We have additional support from our Structured Literacy experts Charis and Caroline the RTLit.
We are working at approximately stage 7 of the Little Learners Love Literacy® Sequence.
We know: Short and Long vowels; Double letters - ll ss ff zz (the Floss Rule); Consonant digraphs: ck sh ch th ng wh.
We can: Identify syllables and phonemes in words; Segment words with adjacent consonants (CCVC, CVCC, CCVCC etc); identify syllables in words; segment to spell SOME compound and two-syllable words with accuracy; segment CVC, CCVC and CVCC words to spell with accuracy.
This term we will be working more on:
- How to identify and produce rhyme
- How to manipulate phonemes (addition, deletion, and substitution) to make new words
- Consonant digraphs: ph tch
- Vowel teams (oa, ea, oo, au, etc)
- Segmenting CCVCC words to spell with accuracy.
- Segmenting to spell MORE compound and two-syllable words with accuracy.