Earth, Air, Water and Space
As an inhabitant of this pale blue dot, it's important you know a few things about it. On this course, you can expect to:
1) learn about the formation of soil and rocks, the composition of the atmosphere, the water cycle, why different places have different climates, and how rivers carve out their beds;
2) question how we currently look after the planet's resources and consider our role as kaitiaki, or guardians, for future generations of all species;
3) go off planet (not literally: there is no budget) and discover our solar system;
4) create diagrams and graphs, extract information from texts, debate ideas, and develop your critical thinking skills;
5) run experiments from go to woe (hypothesis through to discussion); and
6) do some random, fun, group STEM activities when Kate thinks we need a change of pace!