Measurement and Number Knowledge
Mahi ine me te nama.
In this course, tauira will have two days per week doing measurement and one covering number operations.
In measurement Tauira will:
- Select and use appropriate metric units for length, area, volume and capacity, weight (mass), temperature, angle, and time, with awareness that measurements are approximate.
- Convert between metric units, using decimals.
- Deduce and use formulae to find the perimeters and areas of polygons and the volumes of prisms.
- Find the perimeters and areas of circles and composite shapes and the volumes of prisms, including cylinders."
- Interpret points and lines on co-ordinate planes, including scales and bearings on maps.
- Use algebraic rules to draw lines and parabolae.
In number Tauira will:
- Use prime numbers, common factors and multiples, and powers (including square roots).
- Understand operations on fractions, decimals, percentages, and integers.
- Practise order of operations.