HB Pōhutukawa Stage 4 Maths Term 4 2021
We will work in small groups for three LA guided numeracy sessions each week. We will supplement the Stage 4 Numeracy Project material with Numicon activities to support our learning.
Alongside our small group lessons, we will use Maths Buddy online tasks, with Seesaw tasks, games, worksheets and book work for additional activities that support and enhance our learning.
We are learning to use imaging, counting on and counting back as well as using skip counting to solve repeated addition problems.
Learners in this group are moving from stage 3 (counting all) into stage 4 (advanced counting).
At stage 4 learners are moving from Advanced Counting to early additive part whole. They will learn to:
- Read any number to 100
- Count forward and/or backwards from any number to 100
- Say the number before and/or after in the range 0-100
- Order numbers to 100
- Skip count forward and backwards in 2s, 5s, and 10s to 100
- Know numbers of 10s in decades
- Know groupings within 20
- Know teen number facts
- Know multiples of 10 that add to 100
- Know doubles and halves to 20
- Know addition facts to 10
- Read unit fractions
- Addition - solve addition problems by counting on from the largest number by imaging
- Subtraction - solve subtraction problems by counting on from the largest number by imaging
- Solve addition and subtraction by counting on or back in ones and tens
- Multiplication - solve multiplication by skip counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Fractions - find half and quarter of sets and shapes by equal sharing