HB Pōhutukawa Stage 3 Maths Term 2 2021
We will work in small groups for three LA guided numeracy sessions each week. We will supplement the Stage 2 Numeracy Project material with Numicon activities to support our learning.
Alongside our small group lessons, we will use Maths Buddy online tasks, with Seesaw tasks, games, worksheets and book work for additional activities that support and enhance our learning.
We are learning to use imaging, counting on and counting back as well as using skip counting to solve repeated addition problems.
Working at stage 3 of the Numeracy Project: moving from counting from one by imaging to Advanced Counting.
Children will learn to:
- Read any number to 20
- Count forward and/or backwards from any number to 20
- Say the number before and/or after in the range 0-20
- Order numbers to 20
- Skip count forward and backwards in 2s, 5s, and 10s
- Know groupings within 10
- Instantly recognise patterns to 10 - doubles and 5 based
- know doubles to 10
- Read symbols for halves and quarters
- Addition - solve simple addition problems by imaging
- Subtraction - solve simple subtraction problems by imaging
- Multiplication - solve simple multiplication and division by counting all the objects
- Fractions - find half and quarter of shapes or sets to 20 by equal sharing