What do you want to know?
This block is writing, and you get to choose a topic to produce a report on. Maybe you want to...
- continue with "Future Thinking" and find out what your peers think the future will bring;
- investigate the use of mobile phones in cars by carrying out a survey;
- look at a historical or prehistorical topic;
- look into the impact of an artist's work on society;
- investigate a scientific mystery ;
You'll learn the structure of a formal report, choose your topic, and follow a process to produce a report by the last week of term. For those who struggle to find a topic, I will give you some options. For those who want or need to practise another type of writing, come and see me and we'll work out a plan.
Formal Report Writing Process
1. Identifying a topic or issue of interest
2. Formulate some questions you want to answer
3. Research (primary and/or secondary research)
3. First draft
4. Get feedback
5. Final draft