Tools for Learning Term 4 2020 HB Piwakawaka
With new learners joining HB Piwakawaka regularly, we will mainly focus our Tools for Learning sessions on learning how to use Seesaw. Seesaw is one of the main digital tools we use to support our learning. We can use Seesaw to share our learning with whanau as well as complete assigned learning activities and record all aspects of the learning we do at school.
Tools for Learning happens weekly and sessions will teach learners how to:
- Use Seesaw to take a photo post and add it to student journals;
- Add a voice comment to a post;
- Make a video post;
- Make a post using notes (typing);
- Find and complete assigned activities;
- Use the drawing tools.
We will reflect on posts that are made to decide what makes a good post and how to improve the posts we make.
Learners who are more adept at using Seesaw will also explore the other iPad apps we use to support our learning like Draw and Tell, Sketcher Schools and Chatterpix. We will use these to create Seesaw posts.
Where time permits, some learners will also look at an inquiry process:
- What do I want to know? (Write questions, choose keywords to search)
- Find the information (using Google to search)
- Create something to present (slide show, Seesaw post...)
- Then present it to an audience (whanau, LA, HB, COL...).