HB Pukeko (Gina/Mel) Early Level 1 Writing T2 2020
This group is working on developing the skills to become more independent writers.
We will write 4 times per week using a variety of strategies and tools. Most of our writing will be based around a big book or an experience.
We will be working on the basics of writing such as:
- Forming our letters correctly
- Using letter/word cards and our phonics knowledge to spell words by identifying initial phonemes
- Use capital letters and full stops in the correct place
- Identifying other types of punctuation
- Using finger spaces
- Underlining our words if we think they don't look right
We will also work on building oral language vocab by talking about what we will write before we write it or using a picture we have drawn to come up with describing words.