Let's do something for a sustainable future (2.2)
Link to Course Overview
This course runs for the whole of Term Two because that is how long you'll need to carry out a thoughtful, planned, effective and 'reflected upon' personal action for a sustainable future!
This is your chance to take action of your choice and earn ncea credits at the same time. What fun!
1) work on your own or in a group to achieve your action;
2) be supported to identify an issue you are interested in;
3) undertake research and/or surveys to develop a plan of action;
4) carry out your action
5) reflect on the extent to which your action contributed to a sustainable future
6) keep a journal
7) write or present a final report
Past actions have included
- electricity conservation at home and at school
-reduction of paper use by staff at school
- education awareness to prevent tourists feeding kea in Arthurs Pass
-composting and waste reduction