Link to Course Overview
We will aim to finish Integration and have a test in the first few weeks of term. Then move onto Algebra.
91577 Apply the algebra of complex numbers in solving problems 5 credits external.
Apply the algebra of complex numbers in solving problems involves:
• selecting and using methods
• demonstrating knowledge of concepts and terms
• communicating using appropriate representations.
Relational thinking involves one or more of:
• selecting and carrying out a logical sequence of steps
• connecting different concepts or representation
• forming and using a model;
and also relating findings to a context, or communicating thinking using appropriate
Extended abstract thinking involves one or more of:
• devising a strategy to investigate or solve a problem
• identifying relevant concepts in context
• developing a chain of logical reasoning, or proof
• forming a generalisation;
and also using correct mathematical statements, or communicating mathematical
The year plan is as follows:
- Trigonometry - internal assessment 91575 4cr
- Differentiation - external assessment 91578 6cr
- Integration - external assessment 91579 6cr
- Complex Numbers - external assessment 91577 5cr
I suggest all students revise basic algebra as it is the language we will be using in this course to learn more complex ideas.
Maybe create a khanacademy login and practise - you can join the rest of the class on there with this code 5E2XNC
These are the two key areas to be well practised at.