- Do you use a calculator to work out times-tables multiplications?
- Do you just want to get your numeracy credits?
- Do you find fractions super-confusing?
- Is Maths near the bottom of your list of favourite subjects?
- Have you got no idea how much interest you earn on your savings account?
- Do you feel like your Maths teacher might as well speak a different language as you can't understand or follow him?
If you answer YES to one or more of these questions, then this Level 6 Maths course might be for you. It is designed to achieve NCEA Level 1 Numeracy but does not lead to Level 2 Calculus or Statistics. There is only 1 internal offered each term. You will be working with a combination of workbooks, LA support and online tutorials (Math's Buddy, Education Perfect or other online platforms).
In Term 1 we will work on Numeracy. Content includes:
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division
- Fractions, Decimals, Percentages & Rates
We will also use some time to focus on:
- How we use numbers in everyday life
- How being good with numbers is more likely to make you rich