Suze's Writing Group - Term 3 2019
On Mondays this term we will do a free-write focussing on surface features and writing skills, using big books to support.
On Tuesdays we will do an activity that we can use to inspire our writing on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The writing genre will change week to week depending on what activity we do and which curriculum area it relates to.
The focus of all our writing sessions will be:
- Planning - using talk, drawings, or planning templates/guides)
- Writing, using:
- finger spaces
- capital letters (at the start of sentences and for names only)
- correct punctuation (full stops, commas, speech marks, exclamation marks, question marks...)
- interesting vocabulary
- phonics to sound out unknown words, underlining the ones we're unsure of
- the fast words we know, spelled correctly
- Editing - rereading our stories when we're done to make sure the stories make sense, and making any changes we notice the stories need before presenting to others.
- Sharing our stories with an adult and (maybe) with the group.