2019 Term 2 Inquiry
This term all students in HB Libby were expected to complete an inquiry of their own choosing.
Students followed the following format:
1. Decide on their inquiry topic.
2. Create some big questions to help focus their learning.
3. In class, complete some inquiry workshops. These workshops are designed to help extend the students understanding of their topic and provide ideas for investigating in general.
4. Research their topic, using research skills (previously taught in Term 1) and supported by LA and home. Students keep in mind their big questions when researching their topic.
5. Decide on the presentation of their learning format. These include posters, booklets, keynotes and slideshows, videos, talks and sharing objects and creations.
The in-class inquiry workshops were:
1. Compare and Contrast. Students compared their topic to something else to show differences and similarities, using a Venn diagram structure or similar.
2. Definition. Students defined their topic in writing and with pictures.
3. Parts of a ... students drew or found a picture of their topic and labelled the different parts.
4. Sequence. Students made a diagram of how their inquiry was running in sequential order.