2019 Term 2 Tarākona Reading level 3
Using Sharp reading to deepen comprehension and link across contexts and to prior learning.
Use a shared book for deeper discussion of techniques the authour uses to create atmosphere and emotion in text.
Ensure students can
1) Share immediate responses and understanding to the text with depth using their own words.
2) Create and share a visual image of the scene in the reading.
3) Link ideas in the text while reading.
4) Link ideas to prior knowledge
5) Create wonderings from the text, what will happen next, now I wonder about?
6) Predict the next steps, events or ideas in the text . I think that..
Listening, Reading, and Viewing
Processes and strategies
• Select and use sources of information, processes, and strategies with some confidence to identify, form, and express ideas.
1 selects and reads texts for enjoyment and personal fulfilment;
2 selects and uses processing strategies and an increasing range of comprehension strategies with some understanding and confidence;
3 thinks critically about texts with some confidence;
4 monitors, self-evaluates, and describes progress with some confidence.
By using these processes and strategies when listening, reading, or viewing, students will:
Purposes and audiences
• Show some understanding of how texts are shaped for different purposes and audiences.
1 recognises how texts are constructed for different purposes, audiences, and situations;
2 understands that texts are created from a particular point of view;
• Show some understanding of ideas within, across, and beyond texts.
1 uses their personal experience and world and literacy knowledge to make meaning from texts;
2 makes meaning of increasingly complex texts by identifying main ideas;
3 makes and supports inferences from texts with some independence.
• Show some understanding of how language features are used for effect within and across texts.
4 recognises that oral, written, and visual language features can be used for effect;
Show some understanding of text structures.
1 understands that the order and organisation of words, sentences, paragraphs, and images contribute to text meaning;