2018 Term 4 HB Hawk Stage 6 Maths Group
Stage 6 maths group will attend workshops 2-3x per week and complete 3-4 Maths buddy sessions as follow up Must Dos..
This term we will be focusing on FRACTIONS.
We will be learning to order fractions, make and convert improper fractions, convert fractions to decimals and percentages, all using materials, imaging and number properties.
1. Know fractions and percentages and decimals in everyday use.
We will also be practicing our time tables for speedy recall with regular speed tests each session.
We will continue to use and revise Number Strategies and Knowledge:
- Use a range of multiplicative strategies when operating on whole numbers.
- Understand addition and subtraction of fractions, decimals, and integers.
- Apply simple linear proportions, including ordering fractions.
- Know the relative size and place value structure of positive and negative integers and decimals to three decimals.