2016 Term 1 L & J Yellow Reading Group
Students will read with their LA 4 times a week to develop strategies for decoding and comprehension.
See tasks for what skills are learnt at Yellow.
To Do List:
- Re-read to correct my errors and search for information.
- Check it sounds right, looks right and makes sense.
- Read my story again fast and fluent, using . , “ ” ! ?
- Think about the characters, settings and problems, so I read for meaning.
- Use “ ” and bold print to add expression.
- What strategies have I used?
- Which strategy could I try to use next time?
- Recognise the ‘chunks’ in words like: th ch sh -s -ing -ed -er
- Recognise compound words