HB Hawk Stage 6 Maths Group Term 1 2018
Stage 6 maths group will attend workshops 4x per week.
We will start the term off looking at place value into the first two decimal places. We will focus on learning basic facts including some higher times tables. We will use Maths Buddy for Must Dos, some lessons and at home practice.
Number Strategies and Knowledge:
- Use a range of multiplicative strategies when operating on whole numbers.
- Understand addition and subtraction of fractions, decimals, and integers.
- Apply simple linear proportions, including ordering fractions.
- Know the relative size and place value structure of positive and negative integers and decimals to three decimals.
- Read and order decimals to 3 places
- Know some equivalent fractions
- Know how many tenths, tens, hundreds and thousands are in whole numbers up to 1,000,000
- Know all basic facts must/div up to 10x10