Frequently asked questions
What is this site for?
- Recording and sharing your learning.
- Selecting Learning Programs and Courses.
- Giving feedback.
- Receiving feedback.
How do I access it?
- As a student your username and password are synced with KAMAR - so any LA at school can give this to you. They can also change in KAMAR for you.
- Learning Advisors accounts are not synced - there is a reset password box on the login page that will send you an email. See an admin if you have trouble with your account.
How do I use it?
- The first thing you should do with your Parents and Learning Advisor is set some Goals. You can either add your own or select popular goals added by other students.
- Once you have some goals you should add a post which can be an update on what you have done towards your goals. These can be linked to your goals so that you can track them a later stage.
- You can browse learning programs - if you find one you like you may be able to participate.
- You can browse the Unlimited Campus timetable and select classes. When you select a class the Learning Outcomes from the class are added to your profile and the LA will record a result against these.
- There are various ways of tracking your curriculum coverage, explore these and talk to your Learning advisor about what they mean
Is my information private?
- The basic premise behind this site is all information entered by you is still owned by you and for your use only. Learning Advisors can see everything, but they are obligated to keep your information confidential.
- This site uses SSL, which means all data is encrypted travelling from your computer to the server it is hosted on.
- This site is not indexed by any web crawlers. Most information is only available to logged in users only. We have detailed logs of all site usage.
- You have the choice of making your Posts and Goals public, click the button at the bottom of the page. You can then share the URL with whomever you wish. A Goal that is made public will be viewable on the Popular Goals page.
- Currently this website is in beta and the permissions are very complex. Knowing who has access to your information is very important, please let us know if you have any concerns or if you come across any pages you don't think you should be able to see.